The new PowerBanx SX home storage system brings a number of new, attractive features compared to our existing PowerBanx X:
1. It is one of the first mainstream systems that has G100 capability – this means that when suitably installed it is certified to limit its export power. This capability significantly reduces the amount of bureaucracy and paperwork required ahead of installation and can therefore provide fast and easy install options.
2. Improved aesthetics – in particular the batteries come housed in smart cases so an additional battery enclosure is no longer required.
3. High charge/discharge efficiency (up to 97%).
4. High power rating (3.68 kW as standard, with options for 4.6 kW and 5 kW).
The PowerBanx SX range is built around two key elements: a dedicated battery inverter, the SolaX FIT/AC Charger, and a range of batteries from Triple Power.
PowerBanx SX Inverter
The PowerBanx SX includes a SolaX Power X1 Retro Fit/AC Charger inverter that is connected to the main consumer unit and has a sensor for reading home consumption (it can also be linked with compatible SolaX solar inverters to read solar generation).
The inverter comes in two similar models – the AC Charger 3.6:
and the Fit 3.7 which adds an Emergency Power System (EPS) to provide backup during a power cut:
In addition, where export limiting is required, this can be achieved with a hardwired connection to an export meter.
The inverter has a power rating of 3.68 kW (16 Amps) in normal mode and 4 kW in emergency power system (power cut) mode. It can control up to 3 batteries and be installed inside or outside.
It has a weight of 27kg and dimensions of 460mm x 477mm x 182mm.
PowerBanx SX Batteries
The PowerBanx SX uses batteries from Triple Power, a SolaX partner.
They come in two different types:
- T45: Each battery has a total capacity of 4.5 kWh and a weight of 57kg. A PowerBanx SX system can have up to 3 batteries allowing total capacities of 4.5 kWh, 9 kWh, and 13.5 kWh.
- T63: Each battery has a total capacity of 6.3 kWh and a weight of 68kg. A PowerBanx SX system can have up to 3 batteries allowing total capacities of 6.3 kWh, 12.6 kWh, and 18.9 kWh.
The batteries have a cycle life of 6000 cycles at 100% depth of discharge (DOD), though are normally used to 90% DOD, and have a warranty for 10 years. They are IP55 rated and can be installed outside. The two battery types are not compatible.
Each Battery Module has an integral interface unit, and the battery closest to the inverter also has a Master Box controller (or Battery Management System, BMS) connected on top of the interface.
Dimensions are as follows:
The batteries are designed to be stood next to each other along a wall, so cables come out of the right-hand side of one interface unit into the left-hand side of the next unit. Where space is tight two batteries can be installed face to face.
PowerBanx SX Range
The full PowerBanx SX range is as follows:
||Useable Capacity (90% DOD)
|PowerBanx SX 45-1
|PowerBanx SX 63-1
|PowerBanx SX 45-2
|PowerBanx SX 63-2
|PowerBanx SX 45-3
|PowerBanx SX 63-3
The PowerBanx SX is a great range of battery systems for those looking for large capacity batteries that can be floor or wall mounted without additional hardware.
At the same time we will continue to offer the PowerBanx X to those who prefer to start at a lower price point and battery size (2.4 kWh) and who prefer the greater flexibility of increasing capacity in easily handled 2.4 kWh units (e.g. for installation in a loft).
PowerBanx SX Prices
The prices for February 2019 are as follows:
- PowerBanx SX 45-1 (4.5 kWh): £3,830
- PowerBanx SX 63-1 (6.3 kWh): £4,480
- PowerBanx SX 45-2 (9.0 kWh): £6,229
- PowerBanx SX 63-2 (12.6 kWh): £7,526
- PowerBanx SX 45-3 (13.5 kWh): £8,628
- PowerBanx SX 63-3 (19.9 kWh): £10,575
– these are for the AC Charger 3.6 inverter without EPS – contact us for EPS options, prices and availability.
The following are included in these prices:
- Standard installation, including isolators, and power and sensor wiring
- 20% VAT (these systems are also available with a new solar install at 5% VAT)
- DNO fast track application for a system with G100 export limiting
- Post-installation commissioning registration
- 10 year warranty on inverter and batteries
The following extras are available:
- WiFi dongle for Internet monitoring: £50
- G100 connection for export limiting: £100
- DNO G59 application for a system without export limiting: £100
If you would like a formal quote, with or without solar, please use our online form: