Renewable Energy

Tesla Powerwall battery saves family $5,700 on electric bill

By |2020-02-11T18:09:44+00:00February 16th, 2020|Battery Storage, Energy and Climate Change, Home Battery, Home Energy Storage, News, Opinion, Powerwall, Renewable Energy, Solar and Battery|

Huge savings after just four years I’ve been toying with the idea of installing solar panels and a Tesla Powerwall in my house for a long time, but I haven’t because I wasn’t entirely convinced about the long term savings. This story of an Australian household saving $5,700 on electricity bills may have changed

MCS reveals battery storage certification standard

By |2020-02-11T18:04:05+00:00February 15th, 2020|Battery Storage, Energy and Climate Change, Home Battery, Home Energy Storage, News, Renewable Energy, Solar and Battery|

The Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) has published its standard for the installation of battery energy storage systems. The scheme comes after several months of development, with input from Tesla, sonnen, Moixa, Powervault, the Solar Trade Association (STA) and the Renewable Energy Association, among others. It is set to complement the certification of other microgeneration

British Gas’ 100% renewable Green Future tariff faces criticism for REGO ‘shortcuts’

By |2020-02-11T18:01:28+00:00February 14th, 2020|Energy and Climate Change, News, Power Generation, Renewable Energy|

Centrica’s British Gas became the latest UK supplier to offer a green tariff last week, with the launch of its Green Future Plus July 2022 tariff. The tariff offers 100% renewable electricity, and Green Gas, 10% of which is sourced from biomethane produced by renewables and the remaining 90% of which is carbon offset

My Journey 3: Big Changes Afoot

By |2020-02-10T19:36:14+00:00February 10th, 2020|Battery Storage, Blog, Electric Vehicles, Energy and Climate Change, Our Uncertain Future, Renewable Energy, Solar and Battery|

Work Life While I learnt more about climate change and became more interested in electric vehicles and renewables I continued my existing full-time job working in the oil and gas industry. However I increasingly felt contradictions between my industry and what I was learning about carbon emissions and climate change. In 2010, as we

Creating Energy Independence With Solar Panels And Storage Battery Systems In The Home

By |2020-02-04T23:18:02+00:00February 9th, 2020|Battery Storage, Home Battery, Home Energy Storage, Renewable Energy, Solar, Solar and Battery|

When designing a house, one of the most important issues is energy efficiency. That means there needs to be the right amount of insulation in the foundation, walls and roof, energy efficient windows, and well placed on the periphery of the house. The house also should be placed on the property for optimal solar

Ten ways you can turn your house into an eco-home in 2020

By |2020-01-20T16:35:34+00:00January 20th, 2020|Battery Storage, Energy and Climate Change, News, Opinion, Power Generation, Renewable Energy, Solar, Solar and Battery|

Looking for ways to lower your carbon footprint this new year? Or maybe you’re just hoping to get your energy usage down after that eye-watering Christmas bill? Whatever the reason, make Greta Thunberg proud by following these ten steps to turn your existing house into a super-efficient eco-home. The dream of being able to

‘Historic moment’ as zero carbon sources produce more power than fossil fuels in 2019

By |2020-01-13T17:28:10+00:00January 15th, 2020|Energy and Climate Change, News, Power Generation, Renewable Energy, Solar, Solar and Battery, Wind|

National Grid has announced that for the first time, zero carbon power generation outstripped fossil fuels in Britain in 2019. Throughout the twelve months of last year, 48.5% of the country’s power came from zero carbon sources, including wind farms, solar and nuclear energy, alongside energy imported by subsea interconnectors. Throughout the same period, 43%

4 Trends in Solar Energy for 2020

By |2020-01-13T16:55:52+00:00January 13th, 2020|Battery Storage, Energy and Climate Change, News, Opinion, Power Generation, Renewable Energy, Solar, Solar and Battery, Wind|

There is now enough installed solar energy capacity in the U.S. to power 13.5 million homes, and this amount is expected to double in the next five years. The solar energy industry is part of a very dynamic market. Many factors — including government policies, fossil fuel costs, solar energy technology advances, commodity prices,

This website uses cookies and third party services. Ts & Cs Ok

Privacy Policy

You can view our Privacy Policy here.

Term of Use

You can view our Terms of Use here.