In March this year Electric Nation launched their ‘Free Home Smart Chargers for Electric Vehicles’ campaign in Milton Keynes.
Milton Keynes is part of the Go Ultra Low City Scheme, and as the city continues to invest in its electric car charging infrastructure and other popular benefits such as free parking for electric car owners, more and more motorists in the area are choosing to drive electric.
Electric Nation is a Western Power Distribution (WPD) and Network Innovation funded project, set up in order to ‘ensure that local electricity grids can cope with charging increasing numbers of electric vehicles at peak times’.
As part of a trial and data gathering project, Electric Nation have been offering buyers of new electric vehicles in the area a free 7kW home smart charger, subject to terms and conditions. Those that have already taken advantage of the OLEV home charger grant will not be able to take part.
The recruitment of trial participants has been open to the Midlands, South West and South Wales and with almost 700 target participants so far the project has been an overwhelming success.
New applicants wanting to take part in the project are now being placed on a reserve list.
To be eligible to take part in the trial you will need to:
- Have on order, or already be using, a suitable Plug-In Electric Vehicle (pure electric or plug-in hybrid)
- Be eligible for any available OLEV Home Charge Scheme Grant*
- Live in the Western Power Distribution (WPD) licence areas.
- Understand the trial and agree to participate
- Have home broadband installed for the duration of the trial
- Have off-street parking
* If home charge scheme grant is NOT available customers can still participate, however additional costs will be incurred.